1. Census Records (From Betty Judge)
All below are born in England (or Scotland) This is the layout for each family.
Name Marital Gender Ethnic AGE Birthplace Occupation Religion
Place: Cataraqui Ward, Kingston,Fronterac, Ontario ,Canada
Family History Library Film (FHLF) 1375871
NA Film-number C-13235 District 116 sub-district G page number 7
Household Number 30+
William G STRANGE M Male English 44 b England Merchant Baptist
Emma STRANGE M Female English 46 b England Baptist
Page number 82
Household number 415+
Henry STRANGE U Male English 28 b England Soldier Church of England
Place; Farnham East, Brome, Quebec. Canada
FHLF 1375838; District 60; sub dist. F; page 89; household no. 438
Robert STRANGE M Male English 30 b England Farmer Church of England
Phila ? STRANGE M Female English 25 b Quebec,Canada Church of England
Mary Wright M Female English 56 b Quebec, Canada Servant Free Will Baptist.
Census, Place: Edwardsburg, Grenville South, Ontario,Canada
FHLF 1375866; district 106; sub dist C: div.1; page no 17;
Household no. 79
George STRANGE M Male 39 b England Farmer
Rose STRANGE M Female 37 b England
Thomas STRANGE Male 18 b England Son
Elisabeth STRANGE Female 16 b England
Census Place : Walsingham. Norfolk South, Ontario, Canada
FHLF 1375898; District 157; sub-dist, B; dicv,2; page no 21;
Household number 113
Frederick SKUSE M Male 28 b England Brickmaker and family plus
Edwin STRANGE Male 30 b England Brickmaker
Sarah STRANGE Wid Female 61 b England
Census Place: Cataraqui Ward, Kingston, Fronterac, Ontario, Canada
FHLF 1375871; district 116; sub dist G; page 87,
Household number 416+
Thomas B STRANGE M Male 45 India Leut.Colonal, (sic)
Ellaner STRANGE M Female 34 India
Henery STRANGE Male 16 Ireland Student
Alexander STRANGE Male 14 England
Allis STRANGE Female 10 England
Cathrine STRANGE Female 6 Quebec,Canada
Hilda STRANGE Female 5 Quebec,Canada
Jane Wilson " 59 Ireland.
I wonder if Henry Strange the soldier at same barracks is a son.??
Pointe Edward Lambton Ontario FHL film 1375914;
district 179; sub-dist .P page no 37
Household number 192
Robert STRANGE M Male English 71 b England Jerittem ?
Charlotte STRANGE M Female English 67 b England
From Arthur Strange
I hope this will help those who are research STRANGE in Canada.
The 1901 Census for Canada is available for viewing on the Archives Canada web site either with the Mr. Sid viewer or in your web browser this is fine if you
have a good idea where the person you are looking for lives, fortunately there are volunteers transcribing the census and posting the transcriptions These
transcriptions are linked the Archives Canada so that you are able to compare the transcriptions with the microfilm copies. If you find any errors in the
transcriptions you can notify the person who did the transcription who will then make the necessary changes.
The site hosts a volunteer project to produce a free, online index to the 1901 Census of Canada. The site is based on transcribing from the census images
provided by the National Archives of Canada and anyone with a web browser and an Internet connection can participate. The site is approaching 1,000,000
transcribed lines, has 30,000 links to other records, and is completely free to browse The following is a copy of the attached web archive
Surname Givens Province District Sub-District District Page Line No.
Strange Alfrida ON SIMCOE(North/Nord) Barrie (Town/Ville) a-38 29
Strange Anna H. NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-110 25
Strange Annie MB BRANDON Arthur a-11 24
Strange Cassie NB YORK Kingsclear f-14 31
Strange Cecil E. NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-110 24
Strange Charles L ON SIMCOE (North/Nord) Barrie (Town/Ville) a-38 27
Strange E. Harold NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-110 22
Strange Edward MB BRANDON Arthur a-11 23
Strange Edwin L. NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-110 20
Strange Francis ? ON FRONTENAC Portsmouth (Village) e 37 16
Strange Frederick L. NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-128 28
Strange Geo. NS HALIFAX Halifax (City/Cité)
Ward/Quartier No. 1 a-69 48
Strange George NB YORK Kingsclear f-14 28
Strange Harry NB YORK Kingsclear f-14 33
Strange Jane NB YORK Kingsclear f-14 29
Strange Jennie L. NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-128 27
Strange John F. NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-16 29
Strange M. Alberta NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-110 21
Strange Mary NB SAINT JOHN Dufferin (Ward/Quartier) I-13 10
Strange Mary A ON SIMCOE (North/Nord) Barrie (Town/Ville) a-38 28
Strange Matilda J. NB SUNBURY &QUEENS Maugerville e-9 45
Strange Maud NB YORK Kingsclear f-14 30
Strange Nellie NB YORK Kingsclear f-14 32
Strange Pearl NB YORK Kingsclear f-14 34
Strange Ralph E. NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-110 23
Strange Ralph L. NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-128 26
Strange Sarah NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-12 19
Strange Sarah M. NB SAINT JOHN Guy's (Ward/Quartier) c-16 30
Strange Vera MB BRANDON Arthur a-11 25
Strange Victoria M ON SIMCOE (North/Nord) Barrie (Town/Ville) a-38 31
Strange Viola M ON SIMCOE (North/Nord) Barrie (Town/Ville) a-38 30
Strange William MB BRANDON Arthur a-11 26
- 2. National Archives of Canada - STRANGE entries relating to World War I.
- From Ed Hanson
Recently, while working on another branch of the family, I came across some of the records of the National Archives of
Canada. Following are the Strange entries relating to World War I. Interesting to see that so many were born in England.
- CANADIAN EXPEDITIONARY FORCE, World War I
- Online attestation records from The National Archives of Canada: Soldiers of the First World War (1914-1918)
- Albert Strange, 2014755; residence: 36 Chatham Road, Birkenhead, England; next of kin: father, George Strange, same address; born 24 Dec 1899; riveter &
shipman; unmarried; Church of England; attestation signed, 5 Sept 1918, Montreal
- Alfred Strange, 158686; born Cork, Ireland, 4 Jan 1880; next of kin:sister, Fanny Rummins, 6 Kings College Mews, Hampstead, England;occupation: moulder;
unmarried; previous military service: XIX Regiment,12 months; Church of England; attestation signed, 4 Oct 1915, St Catherine's. 81st Battalion, CEF
- Alfred Henry Strange, 427268, 46th Battalion, CEF, rank BDN, born London, 29 Sept 1891; next of kin: George Strange, Woodfield, Padn., London W.;
occupation: farmer; unmarried; previous military service: 2 years, Manitoba Dragoons, and 1 year, Border Horse; Church of England; attestation signed, 26 May
1915, Weyburn, Sask.
- Alfred Mark Strange, 258456; address: Rocky Mountain House, Alberta; born Stockley, England, 8 June 1887; next of kin: Frederick Strange, father, Stockley,
Calne, Wilts; occupation: farmer; unmarried; Methodist; attestation signed, 8 June 1916, Calgary, Alberta
- Andrew Arthur Strange, also known as Andrew Arthur Paxman, 435397, born Delamar, Nevada, 1 Jan 1889; next of kin, Violet Strickland (friend), YMCA,
Edmonton, Alberta; Church of England; occupation, teamster; unmarried; attestation signed, 21 June 1915, Calgary, Alberta
- Archibald Strange, 2380132; address: Ninga, Manitoba; born 8 July 1897, Cadby, Leicestershire, England; unmarried; Methodist; occupation: farmer; next of
kin: Sidney Ernest Strange, father, 715 Moncton Avenue, Morse Place, Elmwood, Winnipeg, Canada; attestation signed, 16 Jan 1918, Winnipeg.
- Aubrey Clare Strange, 829333; address: 385 William Avenue, Winnipeg; born High Wycombe, England, 30 Sept 1886; occupation: watchman; next of kin:
mother, Clara Strange, 15 Crendon Street, High Wycombe; unmarried; Church of England; attestation signed, 30 Nov 1915, Winnipeg
- Clarence Nathaniel Strange, 313997; address: Colfax, Washington, USA; born Calgary, Alberta, 15 July 1882; next of kin: (father) Nathaniel Lowery Strange,
Chehalia, Washington; occupation: bookkeeper; unmarried; Baptist; attestation signed, 5 June 1918
- Eddy Strange, 3354485; address: Cluffield P.O., Sask.; born 15 Dec 1892, Richmond, England; unmarried; next of kin: (uncle) Theodore Miller, Calvington
P.O., Sask; farmer; unmarried; Presbyterian; attestation signed, Regina, Sask., 6 July 1918; drafted under Military Service Act; discharged on demobilization, 3
- Frank Strange, rank LCL; no further information
- Frank Frederick Strange, 427458, 46th Battalion, CEF; born London, 9 Sept 1889; next of kin: (father) George Strange, [address not given]; occupation:
carpenter; unmarried; Church of England; previous military service: 5 years, 12th Manitoba Dragoons; attestation signed, 20 July 1915, Sewell, Manitoba
- George Strange, 447373; rank LCP; born 4 Jan. 1893, Doagh, County Antrim, Ireland; next of kin: William Robert Strange, Railway Street, Cumby, County
Down, Ireland; occupation: bank clerk; Presbyterian; unmarried; attestation signed, Calgary, 23 July 1915
- George Strange, rank lieutenant; born Portage, LaPrairie, Minnesota, 4 Nov 1881; address: 19 St Vincent Street, Toronto, Ontario; next of kin: (sister) Mrs G F
Herriman, 31 West 12th Street, New York City, USA; occupation: banker; Presbyterian; belong to 48th Highlanders; previously 3 years with Queen's Own, 6
months with wireless guard at the island; attestation signed, 9 Jan 1918, Toronto, Ontario
- George Strange, 446645; born Wiltshire, England, 22 Dec 1880; next of kin: George Strange, 9 Ireland Terrace, Twerton, Bath, England; occupation: labourer;
unmarried; Church of England; attestation signed, 6 May 1918, Calgary
- George Frederick Strange, 687043; address: Kamloops, B.C.; born 22 Aug, 1896, Kamloops, B.C.; next of kin: (father) E. L. Strange, Kamloops, BC;
occupation: clerk; previous military service: 102 RMR (13 months); Church of England; attestation signed, 13 Dec 1915, Kamloops
- George Frederick Strange, 312024; address: Aberdeen House, Carlton Street, Winnipeg; born 9 July 1895, Kew, Surrey, England; next of kin (mother) Mrs
Nellie Strange, The Green, Kew, Surrey; occupation: farmer; unmarried; Church of England; attestation signed, 18 Feb 1916, Winnipeg
- George Hill Strange, 1057090; born 4 Oct 1871, Manchester, England; address: 1049 Jeanne d'Arc Street, Maisonneuve; previous military service, 2nd
Garrison Bn., Manchester Regiment; next of kin: (wife) Ethel Strange, same address; occupation warder; Church of England; attestation signed, 2 Oct 1916,
Montreal [same individual], 3010009; differences on form: born 4 Oct 1879, Manchester, England; married; next of kin: (mother), Mrs Ethel Strange, 4 Gyte
Lane, Manchester; in active militia, 5th R.H.C., previously Manchester Regiment; attestation signed, 27 April 1917, Montreal
- George Pointdester Theodore Strange, 2293818; address: Glen-View, Alberta; born Shepton Mallett, Dorset, England, 25 Sept 1899; next of kin: (father) Mr
HarEry (?) Strange, School Corner, Langport Road, Somerton, Somerset; farmer; unmarried; Church of England; attestation signed, 8 May 1918, Calgary,
- George Thomas Strange, 1039743, address: Kamloops, B.C.; born 23 Feb 1869, Wiltshire, England; next of kin: (wife) Mrs Ellen Strange, Kamloops, B.C.;
occupation: labourer; Church of England; previous military experience: 2˝ months, 54th Battalion (honourably discharged); attestation signed, 2 Oct 1916,
- George William Strange, 5199; born Richmond, Surrey, England, 7 Jan 1895; occupation: driver; next of kin: Miss Sophie Strange, Hillside, Downscourt,
Purley, Surrey; unmarried; Church of England; attestation signed: Valcartier, 23 Sept 1914
- Henry Strange, 874273; address: 341 Morley Avenue, Winnipeg, Manit.; born 6 May 1897, Greenock, Scotland; next of kin: (mother) Mrs Henry Strange, 341
Morley Ave., Winnipeg; occupation: clerk; unmarried: Methodist; previous military experience: 1 year, 106th Winnipeg Light Infantry; attestation signed, 28 Feb
- Hugh Strange, 2045016, address: 806 23 Avenue East, Calgary, Alberta; born Belfast, Ireland, 2 Jan 1897; next of kin: (father) Hugh Strange, Sr., same
address; occupation: clerk; unmarried; Presbyterian; previous military experience: Corps of guides, Spring nof 1915; attestation signed, 9 Dec 1916, Calgary
[same individual]: address: 1240 17th Avenue West, Calgary; next of kin: (wife) Mrs Gladys Ellen Strange, same address; previous military experience: 18
months, C.F.A. CEF; attestation signed, 18 March 1919, Calgary
- James Richard Strange, 73698; born Waltham Cross, England, 11 Jan 1892; next of kin: Mr G.J.W. Strange, 2656 Garnet, Regina, Sask; occupation: presser;
unmarried; Wesleyan; belongs to active militia; attestation signed, 24 Oct 1914, Regina
- Joseph Strange, 258457, 211th Overseas Battalion, CEF; address: Rocky Mountain House, Alberta; born Stockley, England, 10 Aug 1896; next of kin: (father)
Frederick Strange, Stockley, Calne, Wiltshire; occupation: farmer; unmarried; Methodist; attestation signed, 8 June 1916, Calgary
- Joseph Francis Strange, 425376, 45th Overseas Battalion, CEF; born Leeds, Yorkshire, 3 Aug 1884; next of kin: (uncle) Charles Straw, 4 Oddfield, Trew,
Worthley, Leeds, England [crossed out and replaced by] Mrs Richmer, 255 Montrose Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba; unmarried; previous military experience: 12
Man. Dragoons; Presbyterian; attestation signed, Brandon, 4 May 1915
- Percy Strange, 34675; born Somersetshire, England, 1 July 1880; next of kin: Benjamin Strange, 82 Boulter Avenue, Toronto; occupation: nurse; unmarried;
active service in militia; previous military service: R.A.M.C., 12 years, South Africa, Ireland; Church of England; attestation signed, [Valeartion?], 2 Sept 1914
- Percy Douglas Strange, 259185, 9th Depot Battalion; address: 2636 Garnet Street, Regina, Sask; born Waltham Cross, Hertford, England, 17 June 1897; next
of kin: James William Strange (father), 2636 Garnet Street, Regina; attestation signed, Regina, 16 April 1918
- Richard E. W. Strange, 527933; address: 1828 - 4th Avenue West, Owen Sound, Ontario; born St Pancras, Middlesex, England, 7 Oct 1876; next of kin
(wife): Harriet Amy Strange, same address [crossed out and replaced by] 528 Alpha Street, Owen Sound; occupation: finisher; Church of England; attestation
signed, Camp Borden, Ontario, 9 Aug 1916
- Robert Beggs Strange, 2045075, Rank SGT; address: 806 - 23 Avenue East, Calgary; born Brookfield, Doagh, County Antrim, Ireland, 27 March 1894; next of
kin: (mother) Mrs J. W. Strange, 806 - 23 Avenue East, Calgary; occupation: postal clerk; unmarried; Presbyterian; previous military experience: C. of B.;
attestation signed, Calgary, 19 Feb 1917
- Roland George Strange, 116963; address: Big Bar Creek, Clinton, B.C.; born Swindon, Wilts, 6 Feb 1881; next of kin (wife) Finella Strange, same address;
occupation: carpenter; Church of England; attestation signed, 18 May 1916
- Samuel Strange, 174938; born Crosshill, County Antrim, Ireland, 3 March 1893; next of kin: Mrs Margaret Strange, 118 Locke Street, North Hamilton,
Ontario; occupation: driver; belongs to active militia; Presbyterian; attestation signed, Hamilton, 20 Sept 1915
- Vera Strange, born Rockwood, Ontario, 14 Aug 1886; address: Waskada, Manitoba; next of kin (father) Edward Strange, Waskada, Man.; occupation: nurse;
Anglican; militia service: AMC; attestation signed, 17 Jan 1916, Kingston, Ont.
- Walter Strange, 2591008; address: YMCA, Drummond Street, Montreal, Canada; born Dorset, 26 June 1886; next of kin: (mother) Mrs Henrietta
Groves, 75 Elign Ave., Maida Vale, London; occupation: engraver; unmarried; Methodist; attestation signed, Montreal, 2 Oct 1917
- Walter Strange, 252230; address: East Farnham, Quebec; born East Farnham, Quebec, 24 Aug 11898; next of kin: (father) Mr Frank Strange, East Farnham,
Quebec; farmer; unmarried; Church of England; attestation signed, Montreal, 31 May 1917
- William Strange, 59928; born Shropshire, England, 11 Nov 1869; next of kin: Annie Strange, 47 Bloomfield Road, Blackpool, Lancs; occupation: gardener;
married; previous military experience: 1st East Lancashire Regiment; Church of England; attestation signed, Kingston, 5 Nov 1914
- 3. Families
- A family with origins in Essex, England
- 1 Percy Douglas STRANGE b 17 June 1897 Queens Road, Waltham Abbey, Essex, England, d 13 August 1974 White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
- (parents James William STRANGE and Rossetta CANNON) - Private, 1st Battalion, at time of marriage
- + 27 May 1918 Knox Church, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, Irene Mona HUGGINS b 5 July 1895 Kenora, Ontario, Canada
- (parents William Cara HUGGINS and Elizabeth Harriet BETSWORTH),
- 2 Percy Douglas STRANGE b 16 Dec 1918 Imperial, Saskatchewan, Canada
- m 17 Dec 1941 Winnipeg, Manitoba, Lily Florence WALL b 22 July 1920 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- (parents Abraham [R.K.]
WALL and Agnes Rosina St GERMAIN)
- 3 Four surviving children (July 2004) including a
Carol Joyce STRANGE - will she please get in contact with the
web master as he has lost contact. Also Tricia Webb <triciawebb[at]telus[dot]net>
would like to get in touch as she is a cousin of Rosa Strange
(nee Cannon) born 1873 died 1943 Winnipeg Manitoba and she is in
B.C. Canada herself. .
- 2 Harold Vincent STRANGE b 27 Sep 1921, Canada, d 2 Aug 1922
- 2 James William STRANGE b 25 Jun 1924, Canada, 29 Jun 1924
- 4. Oddments
Betty says, "And I have on file, "In the Kentish Independent for Jan 3 1852; Gentleman Cadet Thomas Bland STRANGE to be second lieutenant, promoted to
Captain Cleveland's co. 12th B"
- 5. Marriages - Various
1911 - 1922, part 2
Ronald Frederick George STRANGE, 19, butcher, England,
19 Coady Ave., s/o Frederick Edwin STRANGE (b. England) & Beatrice ROGERS,
married Edith Mary FLINT, 18, dress operator, England, 1314 Queen St. East,
d/o James Amos FLINT (b. England) & Rosa Edith SELLEN, witn: Ruby M.
& Mary STRANGEWAYS of 5 Oak St., 6 Nov 1923
Stormont, Glengarry & Dundas Co., 1884
Thomas STRANGE, 21, farmer,
Wish England, Cardinal, s/o George & Rose, married Sarah Colbera NASH, 21,
Morrisburg, Cardinal, d/o John & Sarah, witn: William BRINDLE of Cardinal
& Mattie MARTIN of Morrisburg, 17 Dec 1884 at Morrisburg
Simcoe Co., 1892
James JOHNSTON, 43, Medonte, Orillia, widowed, farmer,
s/o William & Catherine JOHNSTON, married Mary STRANGE, 22, North
Orillia, Warminster, d/o Frederick & Mary STRANGE, wtn: Ronald DUNLOP of
Warminster & Mrs. N. WELLWOOD of Orillia, on November 12, 1892, at Orillia
Gore District, 1842 - 1855, Page 2
The following marriages can be found
on Ontario Archives microfilm MS 248, reel 1, vol 4 ,
Pg 88, 1847
13 Westly LOUGHEED, Wilmot, to Janet HORNESON/HOMESON, Wilmot. Wit: John Innes,
Pg 89, 1847
Sept. 28 Cornelius GOBLE, Wilmot, to Lydia
GAMON, Dumfries. Wit: John Innes, Rossanna Strange.
Wellington Co., 1886
Robert STRANGE, 23, Weaver, Glasgow Scotland, Guelph,
s/o James STRANGE & Jane ERSKINE, married Mary J. VAUGHT, 19, Twp. of Pilkington,
Guelph, d/o Bartholdi & Mary, Witn.: William GERRARD, Theresa VAUGHT, August
16, 1886, at Guelph
Marriages from St. James Church, Toronto, 1800 - 1821
21 September, 1816,
by special License, James McMILLAN, tailor and Millenicum (Millie) HALE, both
of this Parish. Witnesses, Pat. STRANGE and Ann KOBE.
Carleton Co., 1895, part 1
Henry CHINZEL, 23, laborer, Gloucester, Ottawa,
s/o Ernest & Hannah HINZEL married Angelina SPEARS, 21, Ottawa, same, d/o
Thomas SPEARS & Annie STRANGE. Wit: M. L. MaFARLANE and M. A. R. MacFARLANE,
both of Ottawa. February 14, 1895 at Ottawa.
Victoria Co., 1900
Sidney HIGGS, 24, labourer, Lindsay, same, s/o Thomas
HIGGS & Louis STRANGE, married Maggie HUSSEY, 21, Lindsay, same, d/o William
HUSSEY & Lizzie BROWN, witn: Ernest HIGGS & Mary HUSSEY, both of Lindsay,
17 Oct 1900 at Lindsay
Oxford Co., 1888, part 1
Charles G. STRANGE , 29 , clerk , Oro
, Barrie , s/o James & Flora , married Mary M. LIDDARD , 25 , Bracebridge
, Barrie , d/o Charles & Mary , witn: Dr. Alben & Mrs COLBOURN of Tillsonburg
, 27 Nov 1888 at Tillsonburg.
- 6. Passenger Lists
- Robert Strang age 20 Farmer from Lanarkshire,
on the S.S. Sicilian from Glasgow (25 July 1903) arrived Quebec-Montreal
4 August 1903. Destination Winnipeg-Man-Hilton.
Fred Strange age 26 (21) Labourer from Berkshire, on S.S. Bavarian from Liverpool
(15 October 1903) arrived Quebec-Montreal 23 October 1903. Destination Toronto.
Frank Frederick Strange born 9 Sept 1888, from children's aid society. Sent
by The Catholic Emigrating Association 105 Shaw St Liverpool to St Vincent's
Home 386 St Antoine Montreal. Travelled with Robt B Bacon agent for working
boys home Liverpool. Sailed on S.S. Bavarian from Liverpool 28 April 1904 arrived
Quebec-Montreal 8 May 1904.
H. Strainge, 24, Machinist, from England Oxford, going to Peterboro'.
Ship (Ottawa) sailed from Liverpool 27 April 1905. into Quebec/Montreal. Ed
Hanson said, "This is my own grandfather -- Herbert Strainge (1880-1953)
-- originally from Benson, Oxfordshire. He eventually settled in Swampscott,
Massachusetts, but during this first trip worked in Canada and I never had the
date of that voyage. He returned to England the following year, and when
he went out again sailed to Boston, Mass., USA. The 1906 arrival details
were the ones he used on his naturalization application, but the earlier trip
had been known only through family stories.
Passenger Lists to Montreal on the Lake Manitoba
which sailed from Liverpool 16 May 1905.
Strange J G age 23 Shipwright from Dorset
Passenger Lists to Canada travelling on Lake Eerie which departed Liverpool
18 July 1905.
Strange Paul 22 Danish, Farm L___? heading for Minneapolis
Passenger Lists into Montreal on S.S. Numidian from Glasgow from which it
sailed 21 April 1906.
Strange Simon 33 Farmer from Ireland Antrium, going
to Guelf Ont. With him is his wife Mrs Strange age 28 and son 11months (infant)
with the name of Christopher????. Details are too hard to read.
Passenger Lists to Montreal Quebec:
WH Strange age 21 from
Essex England, Mec Engineer/Farm Lab (both occupations overlap so
cannot make out who's is who's). Bound for _______ford?, Ont. Sailed
from Liverpool on the Kensington on 14 June 1906 arrived Quebec
24 June 1906.
Jno? Strange age 40 married, Gen Lab from Antrim Ireland, going
to Montreal. Sailed on SS Victorian from Liverpool 7 June 1906 arrived
Quebec 15 June 1906.
Passenger Lists to Quebec Montreal. 2nd class Cabin Passengers
M or N Strange 52 Tourist, Married, Silk Merchant, from Devon. Place
of Residence quoted as Tourist. Sailed on S S Athenia from Glasgow
to Quebec on 7 July 1906, arrived Quebec 17 July 1906.
Passenger Lists covering the periods 2 Jul 1908 to 13 May 1910 and 17 Sep 1910 to 13 Oct
Name Age Birth Arrived Ship Port
Ernest Strange 32 Canada 10 Jul 1909 Tunisian Quebec Ports
James Strange 17 England 09 Oct 1910 Megantic Quebec Ports
Mable Strange 18 England 09 Oct 1910 Megantic Quebec Ports
Percy Strange 11 England 09 Oct 1910 Megantic Quebec Ports
Robert Strange 29 Ireland 28 Sep 1908 Cassandra Quebec Ports
Rose Strange 38 England 09 Oct 1910 Megantic Quebec Ports
I gather that Quebec Ports includes Montreal.
Rob Strange <firstname.lastname@example.org> said in Feb 2006,
"My grandfather's brother was Sidney Ernest Strange and
he emigrated from Oadby, Leicestershire to Canada in c1910, with his wife Ada.
They still have descendants out there.
Passenger Lists for Halifax Nova Scotia Canada.
sailed from Liverpool 5 Jan 1905 arrived Halifax N S 15 Jan 1905.
3rd Class going to Canada.
Fred Strange age 31 Single. Can read
& write. Barman from Reading England going to Toronto.
this be him?:
Births Dec 1874 STRANGE Frederick William Abingdon Vol
2c, Page 270
Mongolian for Halifax Nova Scotia sailed from Liverpool 14 April
1905, arriving there 25 April 1905. The ship sailed
via Glasgow, Liverpool and Londonderry. F C Strange age 21
(R/C) single, can read and write, carpenter from England Middlesex,
going to Toronto.
From Sheila Strange( nee Thompson ) Feb 2006 - Rose I think is ROSETTA
STRANGE formerly ROSETTA CANNON, b 1871 Aug 01 in Waltham Abbey Essex,
parents John Cannon and Caroline Warren. Husband of Rosetta was
JAMES WILLIAM STRANGE b 3 08 1871 in Waltham Abbey, Essex. His parents
were James Strange and Julia Freshwater, their children were Mabel Rosetta
Strange, b WA Essex 12 10 1891; James Richard Strange,
b WA, Essex, 12 01 1893; Percy Douglas Strange, b WA Essex, 17
06 1897 and Albert Edward William Strange, b WA Essex (infant death).
James William Strange and Rosetta Strange ( nee cannon ) are buried at
St James Cemetery Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.
From John Moore:
Two notices picked up from The Upper Canada
Herald, published in Kingston, Upper Canada, Tuesday, April
"KINGSTON MARINE RAILWAY - At a meeting of the
Stockholders of the Kingston Marine Railway held at the Br. A. Hotel
on this day, for purpose of electing five Directors agreeable to
the Act of incorporation; the following persons were duly elected:-
H. GILDERSLEEVE, J. STRANGE, A. McNABB, J. COUNTER, H. CASSADAY
Directors having adjourned till 5 o'clock, met at the house of Mr.
Counter, when H. GILDERSLEEVE was elected President, J. COUNTER
Treasurer, and A. McNABB Secretary.
A. McNABB, Secretary. Kingston,
April 2, 1838."
"SHERIFF'S SALE IN THE KING'S BENCH. Smith Bartlet, Piff.
vs. John Strange, and Murcer F. Whitehead, Executors of Robert Coleman,
deceased. By virtue of a writ of Fieri Facias, issued out of the
Court of King's Bench, in this cause to me directed, against the
lands and tenements of which the said Robert Coleman, died seized;
I have seized and taken:
part of the Rear or North End of Lot. No. 14, 2d. Con. Township of Kingston,
25 Acres, and part of the rear part of the West 1/2 of Lot No. 16, 2d. Con. do.
2 do. 15 pr. The South East or front 1/4 of Lot No.16, 3d. Con. do.
28 do. Part of the Front of Lot No. 16, 3d. Con. do.
3 1/4 do. & Part of Lot No.16, 3d. Con. do.
2 do. 20 rods Bounded and described as contained in the deeds thereof -- on record to
the said Robert Coleman; which Lands I shall offer for sale at the Court House, in the Town
of Kingston, on Wednesday, the 13th day of June next, at the hour of 12 o'clock, noon.
All persons having claims against the above Lands or any part thereof, are requested to
present the same to me on or before the day of sale.
JOHN McLEAN Late Sheriff Mid Dist: Sheriff's Office, Kingston, 12th March, 1838."
Note Con. means Concession, a large chunk of land that is divided into a
number of 200-acre lots.